SYL Executive Committee Meeting 20/03/2018
Welcome and apologies
- Apologies from Jenny Marr(VPComms)
- Members Present: Calum Paterson & Christopher Wilson(Co-President), Mariam Mahmood(Membership Secretary), Jess Insall(Ordinary Member), Jack Caldwell(Ordinary Member)
Mariam is awaiting a reply from Salesforce about receiving an up-to-date membership list.
- Currently, all members with no DOB have been marked as SYL.
- £533.54 in the account as of the last statement
Looking for thought on cooperating with Alliance NI
- Prioritise raising each other’s profile.
- We will consider the common issues between Scotland and Northern Ireland and collaborate on those.
- Will cost £100.
- Will nominate Jim Wallace as Honorary President and Alison McInnes as Honorary Vice President.
- Will fundraise at the quiz.
- Chris to look for venues.
- Putting two motions forward for conference.
- Exec encouraged to put speaker cards in.
- Possible emergency motion on the UCU strikes.
YEM march details (Jack)
- March for Europe, 24/03/18 in Edinburgh, Jack to speak, going for standard LD policy in speech, exit from Brexit, open tolerant united etc.
- YEM seeking cooperation between pro-EU parties
Having a conference 12th-13th May.
- The dates clash with exams so we will ask if the date is flexible.
- We will seek to find out how we would be involved.
Freshers- discussion with Federal campaigns officer
Money for SYL campaigns- Federal funding at £325, existing bank balance also.
Potential for SYL manifesto in the future?
Campaigns & Spokespeople
- To be discussed with Charlie Murphy in London on Saturday 24th March
- Any other questions to be forwarded to Calum by email
- Jack Caldwell announces he will not be standing for re-election after the AGM
- Suggests potential candidates for election to SYL exec
- Jess Insall highlights lack of diversity on exec, suggest Willie Rennie could assist with SYL diversity strategies