Minutes from the Scottish Young Liberal Executive November 2018 Meeting.
The Scottish Young Liberals Executive Committee met on Thursday 15th November to discuss plans for the next six months.
The meeting was productive and members discussed:
- policy ideas,
- a buddy system for conference,
- Scottish Liberal Democrat University Societies,
- budget allocations
- and other topics
At the meeting we took steps to begin the process for co-opting a Policy Officer. Details for the process will follow this week via email and social media.
What does the role of Policy Officer entail?
As outlined in our constitution, the Policy Officer shall be:
- Responsible for overseeing, in consultation with the rest of the Executive, the development of SYL policy,
- Responsible for monitoring policy developments in the Scottish and Federal Party organisations as well as within Young Liberals,
- Responsible for ensuring that policies beneficial to young people and students remain on the agenda of the Party,
- Responsible for ensuring any SYL motions are submitted to the Scottish Party and/or Young Liberals Conferences.