The constitutional amendments which will be discussed at our 2019 AGM.
At the Scottish Young Liberals AGM we will be discussing and voting on two important amendments to our constitution.
When? 12PM, 13th April 2019
Where? Scottish Liberal Democrats HQ, 4 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5DR
The first amendment will be regarding the age limit of Scottish Young Liberals - to lower the limit from 31 to 30.
The second will determine whether we should set up two sub committees - Policy and Campaigns.
The Policy Committee will liaise with the Policy Officer to assist on policy decisions and consult with Scottish Young Liberals branch members.
The Campaigns Committee will liaise with the Campaigns Officer to coordinate campaigns and to consult with branch members to determine the best course of action.
You can read the proposed amendments here:
In Article 4, paragraph 1, delete “30 or under” and replace with “29 and under”.
In Article 5, delete paragraph 8 and replace with:
- The Executive shall have the following standing sub-committees:
- The Policy Committee, which shall be chaired by the Policy Officer, and also comprise the Communications Officer and one representative appointed by each SYL affiliated Branch; its role is to assist the Policy Officer in policy development and ensure that Branch members are consulted.
- The Campaigns Committee, which shall be chaired by the Campaigns Officer, and also comprise the Communications Officer and one representative appointed by each SYL affiliated Branch; its role is to assist the Campaigns Officer in campaign coordination and ensure that Branch members are consulted.
- The standing sub-committees must hold meetings no less than three (3) times per year either in-person or by some alternative online means.
- The Executive may, at will, create additional sub-committees of itself, in response to events, policy issues and circumstances.